Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Arnold Palmer Invitational Pick of the Week


This week the PGA Tour stops at Bay Hill Golf Club in the last event of the glorious Florida swing. This year's swing has been very memorable, and it ends on one of the best events in the entire PGA Tour season with the King watching all of the golfers trying to earn the trophy and his respect at the end of the week. Blogger Bernardo and I had our picks tie in terms of overall score at the finish of the Transitions tournament, so we both received half of a point. For my pick this week, I'm going with popular young American Rickie Fowler. The 22-year old oozes flash and talent, and I believe this week he'll breakthrough with his first career win on the King's course. He ranks 2nd in putts per round, and is 23rd in scoring average. Although he hasn't statistically hit the ball great this year, he is very underrated in that department. He also has had 2 top-10 finishes in his last 3 starts, so he is showing that he is starting to find his form. I see him holding the trophy this week over the likes of Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods, and Sergio Garcia, who I predict will all play relatively well this week too.

Note: So far the golfers I have used this year are- Phil Mickelson, Geoff Ogilvy, and Rickie Fowler.

No comments:

Post a Comment