Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Pick of the Week: PGA Championship


Hello to all, and welcome to the fourth and final major of the year, the PGA Championship, a.k.a. "Glory's Last Shot". This is the last week where the best golfers in the world can stake their claim in history and capture their dream victory: a major championship.

Since this is a major, it is an elite field and will contain bigtime names. You name 'em, they'll be here. Heck, even the top PGA professionals (not touring pros) are giving it a go this week, because you'll never know what can happen (See Darren Clarke; British Open 2011).

For this PGA, it will be held at the Atlantic Athletic Club (or AAC), which also hosted it in 2011, when David Toms claimed victory. This can be a tough test. Although there are 2 driveable par 4 holes out there, it won't be easy. This par 70 layout has been described as "stout", especially on the back 9. A majority of the par 3 holes here are quite long, and might not see many birdies. Many experts see 8,9, or 10 under par as the winning score here, which is what I predict as well.

Now, for my pick. I'm going with the unpredictable, roller-coaster-esque, Tiger Woods. Yes, I wrote it, I'M GOING WITH TW!!! I mean heck, this might be his last tournament (as he's 129 FedEx standings- top 125 only get in), he's a 14 time major winner, AAAANNND, I havne't picked him yet, so might as well take him. I don't care of the positives or negatives or whatevers, he's one of my favorite golfers, so I'm going to pick the dude and just roll the dice. I know he might miss the cut, but oh well, I'll hope for the best, and hope for a great week overall!! Make sure to tune in like Bernardo and myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment