Thursday, September 27, 2012

HTWD Preview: 2012 Ryder Cup


Well folks, we are finally at Ryder Cup week! USA vs Europe in one of the most highly anticipated Ryder Cups in recent memory. Take a look at this Ryder Cup edition blog below to see how we think things will go down in Medinah. Matches start tomorrow!

Winning Team and Overall Score:

JJ: Yeeeeee its finally here! RYDER CUP time! I'm so excited; I hope team USA can get some revenge on the Europeans! I think with the home crowd backing them, the United States squeak by Europe in an epic weekend. With 28 possible points, I think the USA takes it, 15.5-12.5.

Bernardo: Now that the FedEx Cup points race has come to a completion we focus our attention on the Ryder Cup. This year it will be hosted on home turf, favoring the USA squad to possibly pull off a 14.5-13.5 win over Europe. 

MVP - Team USA:

JJ: I really think USA's MVP is going to be Tiger Woods. He's motived now that he isn't "clearly" the best golfer in the world, and with a subpar Ryder Cup record, he really wants to go out and prove he still has the swagger he's had for his entire career.

Bernardo: This a tough one due to the late season performance. I'm siding with Brandt Snedeker, who is coming off one of his biggest wins and has exhibited some consistency this year. This is his first appearance in a Ryder Cup, it will definitely be one to remember. 

MVP - Team Europe:

JJ: I'm going with the guy who didn't play at all last Ryder Cup cause he wasn't in the right frame of mind for that moment - Sergio Garcia! Now resurgent and at his favorite event in the world, I feel that the Spaniard is going to do some serious damage to the USA this week.

Bernardo: The European team is stacked with some great golfers, but like in any sport you gotta pick a favorite and I'm going with Rory Mcllroy. He currently is probably one of the hottest player in the game of golf besides a few notables. Winning two playoff events isn't easy, he also won the PGA and the Honda this year, followed by a dozen top 10s. 

Overall Rookie of the Week:

JJ: I gotta go with Brandt Snedeker here. First off, he won the TOUR championship and the FedEx Cup. Nuff said? He also is putting lights out and is in front of a home crowd. He should definitely fare well in this environment.

Bernardo: Looks like my MVP choice will also be receiving the title of Rookie of the Week. His year long performance to make it to the Tour Championship and win the FedEx Cup is highly admirable and should produce some exciting golf. 

LVP - Team USA:

JJ: Unfortunately, I'm going to go with Jim Furyk. He hasn't had the best of luck this year (Olympic Club, WGC Bridgestone, TOUR Champ.), and I don't think he's set up for a good 3 days. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Bernardo: Every member of the USA team is a valuable asset, but I believe Keegan Bradley will have a tough due to this being his first appearance at the Ryder Cup. 

LVP - Team Europe:

JJ: Lee Westwood. Why, you ask? Go look at his performance last week. If that isn't a bad omen, then I don't know what is.

Bernardo: I'm going with Nicolas Colsaerts, merely on a gut feeling and lack of publicly in the States.

Photo via wikimedia

No comments:

Post a Comment