Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pick of the Week: Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial


Whelp, at this rate guys, this competition between Bernardo and me will blow up faster than the 2010 season of the Dallas Cowboys (yes, I just went there). I need to rack up some points, FAST. Just like guys are gonna need to rack up birdies at this week's PGA Tour stop, the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial. This is one of the oldest stops on tour, and always brings a lot of fun to it. Legendary golfer Ben Hogan is linked to this course, as the nickname "Hogan's Alley" is often tossed around here. This week, I'm going with American golfer Zach Johnson. Not only did he finish THE PLAYERS with an impressive 66 in his final round, but he also is the defending champion here, so he knows this course well. The dude can flat out putt and chip, and if you can do that, you'll be a factor a lot during the golf season. I've liked Zach ever since he won The Masters; he gives us kids who start to play golf late some hope to become a pro. Hopefully he can grab me a much needed point this week over Bernardo's pick, as my pick of Adam Scott failed me miserably and his choice of Sergio Garcia closed very strong for a 12th place finish.

Already used- Phil Mickelson, Geoff Ogilvy, Rickie Fowler, Aaron Baddeley, Hunter Mahan, Ricky Barnes, Luke Donald, Justin Rose, Anthony Kim, Adam Scott

Zach speaking with the media before this week's tournament:

No comments:

Post a Comment