Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pick of the Week: BMW Championship

Snedeker

Helloooooo everyone, and welcome to this week's edition of Pick of the Week. After a one week break by the PGA Tour, everyone that is still in the hunt in the Fed Ex Cup playoffs is back to the grind. In case any of you forgot, the top 70 players still remain for this week's tourney, the BMW Championship. After this tournament is over, the top 30 will go into the final week for the final push- The TOUR Championship.

For my pick this week, I'm going to go with Brandt Snedeker. I'm starting to run a little low on quality picks, but thankfully enough I found this little gem. I like Brandt; he has a good short game, dresses well, and plays golf fast. I enjoy watching tour players who play quickly because I can relate, and I am not a big fan of slow play. Brandt also has some good history here at good ol' Cog Hill (which is based in Illinois). He has three top-20 finishes in the last 4 years here, and is currently No. 5 in the Fed Ex Cup standings, which means a few things: He'll play well because he has no real pressure to make it in the top-30 heading into Atlanta, AND he has a good track record here. That should bode really well for me, as I am falling very behind of Bernardo in our year long picks race. Till the next blog, bye bye and HTWD!!

Already used- Phil Mickelson, Geoff Ogilvy, Rickie Fowler, Aaron Baddeley, Hunter Mahan, Ricky Barnes, Luke Donald, Justin Rose, Anthony Kim, Adam Scott, Jason Day, Steve Stricker, Lee Westwood, Matt Kuchar, Bubba Watson, Nick Watney, Jonathan Byrd, Martin Kaymer, Ryan Moore, Charles Howell III, Dustin Johnson, Tiger Woods, Jim Furyk, Sergio Garcia.

No comments:

Post a Comment