Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Amateur Analysis: Ashworth's Petition





Yesterday morning, golf company Ashworth decided to create a petition and send it to the PGA Tour.

Their petition is about allowing professionals to have the option to wear shorts instead of pants while they are playing in a tournament. They even created a video of their petition, which has Justin Rose, Sean O'Hair, Justin Leonard, and Retief Goosen showing us the benefits of wearing shorts over pants.

As light-hearted as the video seems, there's no doubt in my mind that they're completely serious. The talk of allowing shorts on the PGA Tour has been going on for years, and it finally seems that a company and their players really want to do something about it.

How do you feel about the video and petition? Personally, I'm still on the fence about it. I wear shorts when I golf sometimes, but if I were to see a pro wearing them in the final round of a major, I would feel weird. To me, shorts are meant to be worn casually, and wearing them in some big tournaments wouldn't feel right.

Let us know your opinion in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment