Friday, January 17, 2014

NFL Conference Championships: Predictions

Photo via ladylovespinstripes

As we get deeper into the NFL playoffs, we have come down to the final four: the San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Denver Broncos, and New England Patriots. Only 2 will remain after Sunday night, and I am here to give my quick thoughts & predictions for these huge battles. Let's begin.

Sunday, 3:00 PM EST - New England Patriots vs. Denver Broncos

Bovada line: NE +4

Bovada Over/Under: 56

Thoughts: Manning and Brady meet for again this season, this time with a Super Bowl berth on the line. Both teams will need to execute to perfection to win this game. New England cannot afford to go down 24-0 like they did in December vs. Denver, or else this one will be over. Normally I would lean with Brady in this game because of his head to head record vs. Peyton, but I have a feeling that M-V-Peyton will get it done this week.

Predicted Score: Denver 34, New England 24

Sunday 6:30 PM EST - San Francisco 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks

Bovada line: SF +3

Bovada Over/Under: 39.5

Thoughts: This completely reminds me of a classic Ravens vs. Steelers battle. Physical defenses with quarterbacks who can make plays when need be. The only thing that worries me about San Francisco is the fact that they have been outscored 72-16 in their past 2 trips to Seattle. For whatever reason, Colin Kaepernick struggles there, and I'm not sure if his nightmares will end. I know that they'll ride Frank Gore most of the night, but I don't know if that will be enough. Seattle's "Legendary Secondary" shut down the 49ers receivers in the previous meeting this season, and I predict that to happen again. 

Predicted Score: Seattle 24, San Francisco 19

---------------------

Well there you have it. I have the home teams (Denver, Seattle) heading to NY for the Super Bowl. How do you see it? Let us know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment