Friday, January 10, 2014

NFL Playoffs Divisional Round: Saturday Game Predictions

Since we are into the second round of the NFL playoffs this week, I've decided to give my take of what will happen. In case you didn't know, there will be 2 games on Saturday, and 2 games on Sunday. I'll share my own analysis and predictions for the Saturday games.

January 11 Games:

New Orleans Saints vs. Seattle Seahawks (H)

Game time: 4:35 PM EST

BOVADA Spread: Seattle (-8)

BOVADA Over/Under: 45

Analysis: After annihilating New Orleans on MNF last month, the Seahawks will look to repeat that performance to head to the NFC Championship game. Their 12th man combined with the best defense in the playoffs and a steady offense will be a tall task for Sean Payton's team. I certainly anticipate the Saints offense to put up more than 200 total yards this time, but I still can't see them winning this game. Playing in Seattle in a playoff game just seems a losing situation. Expect Russell Wilson to lead his team 1 step closer to the Super Bowl.

Predicted Score: 28-20, Seahawks

Indianapolis Colts vs. New England Patriots (H)

Game time: 8:15 PM EST

BOVADA Spread: New England (-7.5)

BOVADA Over/Under: 51

Analysis: After a stunning comeback vs. Kansas City last week, Andrew Luck now has the challenge of facing Tom Brady in Foxboro. Luck got his first playoff win last week, which should increase his confidence. But, the fact that he's going up against Brady, who is very close to setting the NFL record in playoff wins doesn't bode well. I understand that New England is decimated with injuries, but I still think they'll play a great game and come out fully prepared. Of the two games on Saturday, this could the closer one (with more upset potential), but I don't see it happening.

Predicted Score: 35-24, Patriots

------------

These are my predictions of the Saturday set of NFL playoff games. I see the home teams advancing without any trouble for the most party. What are your predictions? Let us know in the comments!



No comments:

Post a Comment